Joe Parsons

Default Test Drive Advice...

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:09:37 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Steve Barker wrote:

All v-hulls wander to some degree at that speed. I certainly wouldn't judge
a boat solely on that little item.

Many, but not all, vee hnlls wander at that speed. It's a non-issue.
Larry is no boating expert.

I just bought a '92 Four Winns Sundowner to expand my "fleet." After
manhandling a 36 ft housboat around the Sacramento River Delta (it's just a big
ol' forklift with a sail), I was expecting the runabout to track string-straight
at any speed.

Not even close! The boat handles beautifully on a plane, but at no-wake speed,
it's all over the place--I was surprised.

Just one more thing to adjust to.

Joe Parsons