F Finecey

Hello, My name is Frank and I live in Nutall Rise FL on the banks of the
Aucilla River. This section of the Aucilla is just loaded with rocks,
submerged logs, and an occasional manatee or gator. I had the same problem
you describe with my Tiller steered, 16' Carolina Skiff. A friend I worked
with put me on to a device that I am having outstanding success with. Take
a look at the "bolt on" Hydro-Shield. It brought the bow down for better
visibility and when the water was stained and the rocks and such are not
visible the hits that I had just bounced over with no prop or skid damage.

Cheers, FIN

http://www.hydro-shield.com/

My son has a 14' light weight wooden skiff ............... it points it's
bow up nice and high when underway with our 6-horse. The boat just settles
on it's stern and off it goes ...but the visibility isn't so hot if you
happen to be the one with the tiller in your hand. I'm considering a
Doel-Fin, or similar, gizmo to put on the anti-cav
plate..................... we just don't want to run over any more logs
(or people or other boats) than we have to in the local lakes and bays,
and it'd help make the crab pot buoys easier to spot too...

Thx, Brian