Bill Tuthill

In rec.boats.paddle wrote:

Muy gracias! =) But have you seen the construction of the Paragon
Pack up-close and in-depth? My friend and I could get extra-length
straps, but we can't figure out how to integrate them seamlessly with
the Paragon Pack. Did your friend just tie his own straps around his
Paragon Pack, or did he somehow work with the Pack's inherent features?

He used the Paragon Pack straps, and tied the inflatable kayak to the
PP with cam straps.

I hope you don't find me a bother about this...my friend says to just
tie it up willy-nilly, but I'm thinking there must be a more "elegant"
solution, something less ad hoc.

If you are equivocating over price, here's a less expensive solution.
Go to a surplus or backpacking store and buy padded shoulder straps
with pass-through strap holders sewn in. Using long two cam straps
(probably 6') tie the padded shoulder straps around your rolled-up boat.
It might be better than a Paragon pack because it's more stable, since
the straps are further apart.