Cyli

On Sat, 21 May 2005 22:41:17 -0500, "Franklin"
wrote:

(snipped)

You can also buy manufactured
motor mounts for this purpose.

You don't even need that. A piece of wood on the inside of the canoe
to make the motor screw on tightly works fine. I've also done it
without anything, but it's hard to tighten it up enough. I think the
piece I used was about 10 inches long by 4 or 5 wide and maybe 1/2 to
3/4 inch thick. Unless the canoe is an easily deformed plastic one,
it's no sweat. Even then, no problem as it's above the waterline,
except for the looks of it.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)