Frederick Burroughs

John Kuthe wrote:

I did a Google search on "square stern canoes" and turned up a number of
different manufactureres though. Evidently it's something that may be a lot more
popular than the canoe purists may with to admit, yano? ;-)

My brother pulled a square-sterned Mad River off a neighbor's trash
pile. It's a heavy, wide fiberglass canoe, obviously designed for
fishing. The wood gunwales and seats had rotted, but he was able to
find and fit replacements. Now, he finds it a bit impractical. He
hasn't put it in the water once.

--
"This president has destroyed the country, the economy,
the relationship with the rest of the world.

- Hunter S. Thompson, speaking to an antiwar audience in 2003.