VK1NF

When using fly oil, we don't put it directly on the skin - I give an old
ballhat or neckerchief a generous application of the stuff, and wear it. Far
easier on the skin, and it seems to work just as well as applying it
directly to the skin.
"Michael Daly" wrote in message
On 31-May-2005, (Deborah M Riel) wrote:

If I had to forego any of the above, I guess I'd ditch using the bug
repellent before the Ivy Block. I'm really allergic to poison ivy,

That's too bad, since I would have recommended not bothering with it.
I've camped in poison ivy locations without problems just by not rolling
around on the ground :-).

Bug repellent clothing sounds interesting. I'd like to know more
about it too!

I can't use both insect repellant and sunscreen. Either one is ok, but
if I use both, I get a rash. So I use sunscreen and wear a bug shirt
and bug proof pants. The bug shirt I use has no repellant - it's just
tightly woven cotton and no-see-um mesh.

As far as bug repellant clothing goes:

http://www.kayakforum.com/cgi-sys/cg...Shirt_Or_Pants

I'm not keen on either the permithrin or DEET versions.

Mike