Deborah M Riel

In article ,
John Fereira wrote:

If you put Ivy block on first, then bug spray, then sun screen, and then rub
up against some poison ivy, any mosquitoes that try to bite will get poison
ivy rashes.

Sorry. Had to do it. Welcome the the list.

Never feel sorry for wishing bad things to happen to mosquitos--they
deserve whatever they get!

My guess would be the best practice would be to forget the Ivy lotion and
just try to avoid rubbing up against anything that looks like poison ivy and
use one of he many sunscreen-bug repellant combos.

If I had to forego any of the above, I guess I'd ditch using the bug
repellent before the Ivy Block. I'm really allergic to poison ivy,
and it's rampant at most of the put-ins and take-outs. It's next to
impossible to avoid completely.

Bug repellent clothing sounds interesting. I'd like to know more
about it too!

Deb

On the topic of bug repellant...I've been noticing in some mail order
catalogs that there is a line off clothing that is supposed to be bug
repellant (called "bug off" of something like that). Anyone tried it?