Gary S.

On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:36:24 GMT, Eric Johnson

Does anyone know of a giant backpack for my inflatable Sea Eagle
PaddleSki 435 catamaran-kayak?

It has to be 35" tall and 60" in circumference (don't know how that
translates into cubic whatever).

Unless my math is off your talking about a 164,215.75cc back pack....
COnsidering that my monster duffle (REI Beast Bag) is less than a 10th
of that, I don't think one exists.

You may wish to check your math.

I got ~10032 cubic inches. Note that he gives circumference, not
diameter. Take that to diameter by dividing by PI, then divide by two.
Pi*R^2 gives you area, times the height for the volume. The formula
could also be reduced.

Large, but not completely out of scale with various expedition
backpacks in the 8-9000 ci range, a few even larger.

A portage bag made for canoeing might be a better choice as they come
a bit larger, and more forgiving of specific size requirements. Not
sure what sort of frame or other hard pieces are restricting the
dimensions.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA