Rural Knight

Default New owner - Question about AC power

"noah" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:49:45 GMT, "Rural Knight"
wrote:

"Paul" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

~~ snippage ~~

Do this sound like a reasonable approach?

Doable? Yes.

Should you do it this way?

No.

Guaranteed that you will find a way to drain the batteries more
than once.

Spend the money now and get a little 1500 watt Honda generator
or equivalent - I carry one on my offshore center console just to
run the radios and electronics while drifting.

Makes more sense than constantly charging and discharging the
batteries.

Just my opinion.

Later,

Tom

"...offshore center console.." ???
...crap...I was just starting to like you. )
noah

...saw an awesome CC today on the highway, headed South on I-87 about
at Saratoga in a nasty rain. A "Fountain", maybe 28', with twin
225's. I fell in love, but I had to leave her. (
noah ---- smelled fish all the way to Albany

I almost bought a Fountain - came really close. It was
located in Florida though and I didn't feel like running it
up the coast this spring. I would have had to wait to
trailer it, so I scratched that one off the list.

I have a Contender 31 although why they say it's a 31 I don't
know because it's 32 1/2 feet long - I call it a 32. I just
bought it this year in fact. Spring and Fall are my prime time
fishing periods and this boat gets me to where I want to go
in the shortest time possible.

I have twin 225 Merc Optimax - awesome engines and if you don't
push the revs, they are fairly efficient.

For inshore, I have a 200C Ranger center console with a 200
Evinrude FICHT which I also like a lot. That boat is used
primarily inshore and for the larger sweet water lakes around here.

I also have a small aluminum rowboat for smaller ponds for summer
flyfishing with a brandy new Briggs & Stratton 5 hp outboard. Cute
little engine.

And then there is my '74 Christ Craft/Thompson Corsair project
boat. And a Glastron 20 foot project boat which I'm not really
sure what I'm going to do with other than maybe strip the engine
out of it, sell the trailer and junk the hull.

Later,

Tom