Fred Hall

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 03:44:41 GMT, "John Cairns"
wrote:

"Capt. ****®" displaying symptoms of senile
dementia, spewed the following ...

"John Cairns" wrote in message
.. .

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

"Gary L. Burnore" wrote in message
On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 21:59:29 GMT, "Roger Long"
top posted like a ****ing moron and wrote:

It has been repeatedly demonstrated that airplanes glide significantly
farther (up to 20%) when the nose is raised to slow them down enough to
stop the prop and best glide speed is then resumed. I can't see any
reason why this wouldn't be true of boat propellers as well.

Because aircraft are entirely in the air an boats are partially in
water. Airplane props are feathered, boat props aren't.

I used to fly an ultralight aircraft - a Rotec Rally 2B. It had a
two-bladed wood prop that was driven by a Kohler air-cooled
432cc two-stroke engine via a centrifugal clutch and belt.

I could climb to about two or three thousand feet and shut off
the motor and the propeller would free-wheel because of the centrifugal
clutch being disengage. The glide ratio was terrible
with the prop free wheeling - one could feel the drag it caused.

I put a brake on the clutch hub and stopped the prop from
free-wheeling and the glide ration increased dramatically.

The same extra drag is evident on a boat propeller that free-wheels.
It's as if the two blades turn into a fixed disk.

CN

You guys need to get a room.

John Cairns

Did you go skiing again this winter? Did your break your leg again?
I'm telling you, KKKaty, ya gotta watch that osteoporosis since you're
post-menopausal.

****

Okay, since Steve and Gary won't help, I will. Look carefully below:

From: "John Cairns"
Newsgroups: rec.boats.cruising,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.sailing.as a

Subject: Keep the propeller fixed or let it turn?
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 02:27:37 GMT
alt.usenet.kooks:953006 alt.sailing.asa:396848

See the line that reads "NNTP-Posting-Host". Remember the number sequence.

From: "katysails"
Newsgroups: alt.sailing.asa

s.com

s.com
Subject: Boat built in desert a dream come true
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:44:50 GMT

Notice anything there? Read them twice if you're getting confused.
Now, I'll let you get some sleep, they come around early in the a.m. to
empty the dumpster behind the Winn-Dixie, wouldn't want to deprive you of
your breakfast.

WD is still in business? They pulled out of my area two years ago.
Figured they'd be 404 by now.

John Cairns

--

Let any real Christians reading here join me in prayer that the
Lord would reward the foul imp posting as "Fred Hall" according

Pastor Winter