Leanne

"Flemming Torp" fletopkanelbolle2rp.danmark wrote in message
. ..
My brother in law, and I have had a discussion of whether it
is best - from a pure speed point of view (no consideration
to the mechanics/oil/maintenance/gearbox etc. here ...)
whether you should let your "fixed three bladed propeller"
run/turn or keep it fixed (like put into gear) when sailing

I always put the transmission in reverse when sailing. I don't
think that my Yanmar book says anything, but when I sailed on a
friend's Cape Dory, he said to always do so due the gearbox
that he had.

Leanne