Shortwave Sportfishing

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:33:22 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On 5 Jun 2005 15:00:07 -0700, "MVG" wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

I emailed a tech support guy at Schafer and he says that this
arrangement does not work, the fender line tending to get out of the
grip of the teeth.

Get the hint? :)

Everybody else has pretty much told you why it shouldn't be done, but
I'm here to tell you, from practical experience, that it won't work.

I'd rather not say how my bright idea about cam cleats came about, but
I will say I had some repairs to make when it didn't work.

By the way, I did eventually come up with a method to keep the damn
lines from popping out of the cam cleat, but it wasn't worth the
effort or the time spent in a machine shop to modify the cleat.

Besides, as JimH said, it's simple enough to adjust fenders on a
regular cleat - you aren't saving any time doing otherwise.

Later,

Tom