JGK

"HarryKrause" wrote in message

Recruiters ought to be restricted to specific promises they put on paper
and an officer signs. If the military doesn't keep its word, then the
"recruit" ought to be offered an immediate release.

Harry I will go you even one further.... The new contracts allow for a 15
month active duty term instead of the previous minimim of 24 months. The
government should be held to the contract for the lenght of service. None
of this you signed for this long but we can extend your service to this
simply because we like you. A contract is a contract and both parties
should be held responible. Which also means the recruit should read that
contract with a fine tooth comb and make sure it is what he specifies.
Remember if you sign on to become a helicopter pilot and fail to make the
grade.... you are not released from your contract, the army will just find a
new job for you to spend you enlistment time.