JR North

Default Lunch with...

Heh, Heh...
Back in the '70's when I was 17, I got a personal invitation
in the mail to a time share scheme in Ocean Shores, WA. My
friend and I drove down there from Seattle, enjoyed the free
breakfast and bussed tour. When the salesman sat down to
talk to us, I calmly explained I was only 17, and didn't
have any money. *Boy* was he mad
JR

Clams Canino wrote:

Heh....

I *just* did that while on my fall road trip to Fla to pick up some
outboards and rebuild one on the fly.

We had 2 days free to go to Disney. So we did the timeshare thing to get a
couple of cheap two day Parkhoppers. We got the free breakfast too.

At the end of the tour I multiplied the price of one week x 52 and got the
"actual" price they were selling each condo for. It was like 1.5 million
per condo! And since they did their own financing they netted more like 3
million per unit via "total of payments".

Their "closer" didn't stay too long at all with me......... evil grin We
were in Disney by 10am. Kinda hectic doing all 4 parks in 2 days. Did Magic
Kingdom and Epcott on Day one. Day two we did the Animal Kingdom and Disney
MGM studios. We hit all the good stuff though.

-W

"Don White" wrote in message
My most expensive 'free breakfast' happened when I took one of the 'time
share' look sees in Orlando, Florida in '93.
The rest of the morning our saleman worked us trying to sell a week in the
development. Sure was glad to get out of there.

--
Remove X to reply