Woodchuck

It's been awhile since I have had an I/O but my 89 always ran in the 140-150
range and it's my understanding the thermostat is 143*. It's not good to run
the engine below 140 because you need heat to clean the moisture out of the
engine.

"Scott Presnell" wrote in message
Hi Folks,
I have a Reinell 185 with a volvo penta 4.3GL setup.
I'm having some continuing trouble with run-on. We use it in
Puget Sound and one of the things I've noticed is that the
temperature never really reads above say 140-150F. My
understanding is that the stock thermostat is rated for 160F.

After reading the Mercury bulletin on run-on in these engines,
I'd like to try a lower temp thermostat, but I'm having a hard
time finding an approprate part number.

Can someone recommend a Sierra part number for a Volvo based
GM 4.3L thermostat with a temperature rating of 140F?

(does anyone run these engines *without* a thermostat?)

Thanks.

- Scott