DSK

David Ellis wrote:
Could someone post a URL where I could download a photo or painting of a
four-masted barque with all sails flying?

A volunteer at Oregon state parks, I give a talk at the famous Peter
Iredale shipwreck and would like to show the audience what the ship
looked like before it ran aground.

The print I make will have to be 11" x 14" so a good sized image file is
needed off the net. I've done web and group searches and have found a
file too small to look good at this size.

Here's a web site with pretty good general info and a few pics you might
like
http://sailing-ships.oktett.net/barque.html

I'm guessing that you're already seen this one
http://www.iredale.de/maritime/peter.htm

If you're interested in explaining what made that particular ship a
'4-masted bark' as opposed to a brigantine or schooner or any other
type, you might put together a poster with some smaller images of
different ship types, with some captions & labels for parts of the
rigging. There are a fair number of 4 masted barks (the Peking for
example) sailing these days so it shouldn't be too hard to find a good
pic of one.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King