JimL

Default GPS Use Question

I believe you are confusing tracklog points and waypoints. You
should never lose a waypoint unless you manually delete it or reset
your unit. If you are losing tracklog points, then you probably have
your tracklog set to 'wrap when full'. If you are creating a route,
then you are limited to the (arbitrary) number of waypoints per
route that Garmin has set.

-Jim

basskisser wrote:

New to you blokes? I've used my Garmin GPS for three years now. You
are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about. If, for
instance, you are using the track back feature, PLUS, are loading
waypoints in manually, using the MOB funtion, every time you make any
small steering correction, and on and on, you will soon run out of
waypoints. I've ran out on local lakes, mainly because every time you
turn, etc. the trackback feature is making waypoints, then adding them
manually. When you run out, it simply deletes the oldest ones to use
that space. They may well be the most critical ones.