John H

On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:13:21 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

We keep waiting for some good news about the Bay, but it doesn't come.
Here's
the latest from the Chesapeake Bay Foundation:

http://www.cbf.org/site/News2?page=N...m5pu741.app26a

John, how often is stuff like this really in peoples' faces in the news? I
wonder because it's the kind of story which, if people see it once every two
months, they shake their heads, say "that sucks", and then forget about it
and do nothing. Same problem here with Lake Ontario. The NY DEC is finding
increasing levels of dioxin in fish, publicizing the results (not often
enough), and you hear people say "Wow...is that still a problem? I thought
they were taking care of it". (They???)

It seems to make the 'real' news around here about twice a year, when the
Maryland and then the Virginia governors decide it's time for a little
environmental pat on the back. It won't *really* hit the news until the crabbers
go out of business (which is happening) and the commercial fishermen can't make
a living. Then maybe something will happen.

It makes the 'newsgroup news' about once every two months, when I see something
I deem newsworthy!

--
John H
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes (A true binary thinker!)