Default Painting Colored Dash - Advice Needed!!

Howdy!

I own a beautiful '85 Sea Ray Weekender, and in their day, dark
colored dashes were evidently the rage. I have a large dash area
under the windshield that is dark blue. Over the years, it has faded,
is an eye-sore, and really detracts from the entire boat.

I'd like to repaint the dash, but masking off the windshield and other
parts to spray it would be a nightmare. The dash has a textured
finish, so would trimming it with a brush, and rolling out the large
areas be a viable option? What kind of paint would be the most
durable?

Thanks!!