John H

On Thu, 19 May 2005 08:08:13 -0400, "Harry.Krause"
wrote:

John H wrote:

If fishing is not the main driver, then I can sure understand waiting to get one
with all the amenities. To me, the amenities are more rod holders!

I recall a fella in St. Augustine who had a mid-sized Mako with a cabin,
maybe a 24 footer? Anyway, he went to one of tee-top makers, who welded
him up a device that slipped into gunnel rodholders on each side of his
boat and had 10 rod holder tubes bolted onto it.

He mostly fished for whiting, and rarely had tangles. Me, I would have
had the Gordian knot of all creation.

Hell, I can get that knot with only four rod holders! What I'd like to have is a
radar arch with some rocket launchers on it, but the local guy at Deale wants
about $2700 to do it! I've seen some on the net for about a thousand, but they
look like crap.
--
John H