John H

Default Beautiful day on the Bay!

Left Deale, MD, at 6:30, had lines in the water by 7:15, and had the first fish
at 8:00. Caught this guy about 2 miles north of #83 in 48-50 feet of water. He
bit a chartreuse parachute running deep (additional 8oz of weight besides the
tandem lures). After a decent struggle, got him to the boat and managed to get
him in the net. This one was a 38"er, so landing it by myself turned out to be
more work than I'd imagined. Luckily there was very little wind, so the boat
just stayed nicely on course.

Wasted gas around the same area for another couple hours. Lots of marks, but no
take downs. Talked to a friend out of Breezy Point, and decided to head south.
Got a couple miles south of #83, and decided to call it a day. Pulled three
lines in, and went for the last one. Cranked it about 5 times and down she went!
I'm hoping this is a nice 25"er or so, just to cap a nice day. But, the line is
leaving the reel much to fast for a 25"er. After another nice fight, I finally
got this guy in the boat. Turned out to be somewhere between 41 and 42 inches.
Darn! Held him over the side for a minute or two and he took to life again. I
think he said his name was Fred, so if you catch a 42"er this year, ask him what
his name is. Tell him PocoLoco says "hi".

Was good talking to Hookin' Up and Jon on the radio. Hope y'all did well.
--
John H