Peter Aitken

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
nk.net...
The cats are nice platforms and give a nice but slow ride in the nasties.
Actually they give a slow ride any time. For our offshore waters (mobile
area) cats don't offer a lot and there are few of them. Offshore here
means OFFshore. In decent weather a deep V hull will get out and be
fishing long before a cat arrives assuming the same start point and time.

If its an area more often sloppy than not a cat ould offer a lot more.

IMO, the different hulls same power argument is useless. No matter how
much power is hung off the back of a cat it will only go so fast.

I checked out a Glacier Bay 28 footer and was indeed impressed with the
ride. Fit and finish are quite good, although not up to the highest
standards. It's hard to get used to the boat leaning the opposite way when
you turn! It is slow, and I believe the hull is significantly heavier than a
comparable monohull (probably necessary to get the required strength).
Storage space really suffers. Definitely a nice boat but not for everyone.
We decided to go with a monohull.

--
Peter Aitken