Don White

Thomas Rangier wrote:

Back in, if I recall 1972, hurricane Agnes swept through the eastern side of
PA. I had just gotten transferred to a new position there and was trapped in
a Holiday Inn about a mile or two from Sunbury, PA. on the Susquehanna. No
heat, or electricity, but al least my wife and I had a place to stay. We
couldn't leave the place for 3 days. I shut the plant down early the first
day and sent everyone home. If I had stayed another hour or two at the
plant, the only route back to the hotel would have been flooded over and I
would have been stuck there eating food from vending machines for 3 days.
Yuch!!!

But back to the topic:
The flood waters caused numerous caskets to "float" to the surface. It was
quite a mess. Thunder is right, caskets can and do float away in floods for
sure.

Thomas

Some of the old graveyards around here were on bluffs overlooking the
ocean. We've had cases where , over time and shoreline erosion, graves
have been washed away and remains exposed. Nasty business!