Arnold

hey people,

a milestone for me, and possible, others:
raytheon answerd my mail, and said that an other instrument with native
NMEA support does recognise the sentences/data properly and that I
should try to connect the PC through that device. so the solution would
be, link a NMEA repeater to the NMEA OUT port and link the PC to that
thing.

as I just figured out, my Navtex receiver (furuno Nx-300) will, most
likely, do just that, with a semi-official rs-232 connection to it.
(semi, couse you have to put your own rs-232 plug on to the correct
wires).
I'm gonna keep you guys informed on later developments.

greetings,
Arnold