Peter Hendra

Hi,
We had Raytheon ST60 Wind and depth as well as Raytheon 6000 ?
autopilot and a raytheon SL72 radar. The night after we had put our
yacht back into the water at Langkawi, Malaysia, we got a direct hit
to the top of the mast by lightning. It destroyed all of our
instruments. We had the depth and autopilot repaired but not the wind
as we could buy the Navman wind so much cheaper than the quoted repair
cost. We had no problems at all with the raytheon gear apart from the
lightning. In Turkey 13 months later we had a very cold winter and the
navman wind digital display no longer showed the knots but only the
wind direction. Now it shows nothing. I thought that it may have been
moisture and completely dried out the unit to no avail. I may have
bought a dud unit but I will never buy another Navman again. I wish I
had repaired the Raytheon.

regards
Peter Hendra
NZyacht Herodotus

On 20 May 2005 14:32:35 -0700, "davidb" wrote:

thanks for the input but surely the Navman products will interface with
the Raymarine through NMEA 0183? I am very new to this as you can
tell. I realise that part of the reason that Navman is cheaper is due
to the low NZ dollar and probably also due to Navman wanting to
establish themselves in this market. But are they of equivalent
quality? Has anyone experience of both? Many thanks