Jon Gauthier

Larry W4CSC wrote:
Jon Gauthier wrote in
:

If it won't cut it, then does anyone have any recommendations for a
dual-band antenna (commercial or home-built)?

Jon

Put using ONE antenna, dual band or not, out of your mind for the MARINE
and TWO METER radios, which CANNOT be PARALLELED on ONE antenna....(sigh)

The duplexer that would allow you to do this is bigger than a 4-cylinder
auxiliary diesel, its transmission and small fuel tank.....

Noone makes one....no market.

Larry, perhaps I wasn't specific enough in my description. I'm
definitely NOT trying to have both radios operational at the same time
on the same antenna.

What I was asking was, if I have a proper VHF switch (with the
unselected radio switched to a dummy load to prevent burning out the
finals if inadvertantly keyed), what kind of performance (SWR-wise)
could I expect out of a either a marine VHF antenna and a ham 2m radio,
or a 2m antenna and a marine VHF radio. Since you are a boater, I would
assume you would know how precious space can be on a relatively small
sailboat, and how expensive marine-grade equipment tends to be.

It was just a simple question. I'm not trying to act like a commercial
tower radiating multiple freqs from a single radiator for multiple
customers. I would have thought that being a licensed amateur radio
operator (Extra), one would not be such a reluctant elmer....