Peter Bennett

On Mon, 23 May 2005 15:41:23 -0400, Jon Gauthier
wrote:

Peter - I was asking the other way around - using my 2m ham radio
connected to the marine VHF antenna. I guess if the SWR is less than
something like 5:1, my Icom 706 won't shutdown...

Jon KB1HTW

I suspect that if it marine radio - ham antenna works, then ham radio
- marine antenna probably will also work - the frequencies are still
"pretty close".

Perhaps I should qualify things a bit - I primarily used the ham
antenna - marine radio for receiving - I usually used a marine
fixed-mount radio with marine antenna for transmitting.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca