Mark Browne

Default A couple of newbie questions

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
hey, squathead, what part of English don't you understand?

the statement *clearly* says "climbing the bow wave" is of no consequence

at or
near hull speed.

snip

Sorry Jax,

Some of us did not realized that you were *still* brooding over a flame war
you had with Doug Meredith, BigBadJohn, otnmbrd , and David Logan in July
2001:
http://www.google.com/groups?as_epq=...=lang_en&hl=en
You will understand why I missed your "climbing the bow wave" reference, *I*
was not part of that thread.

That said, looking back over the earlier thread, and looking at *this*
thread, I can't see any reference to any formula for hull speed that uses
the sine function. Can you set me straight on that?

Also, I am still struggling with this "higher orders of magnitude of hull
speeds" issue. Re-reading the 2001 thread, I noticed that you were making
reference to the works of Albert "Sailor Al" Einstein. Do these high speeds
have something to do with the Theory of Relativity?
If so, can you enlighten me on how that works?

Mark Browne
P.S. It just gets better and better!