John H

Default Despite the worst wishes...

On Fri, 13 May 2005 18:58:48 -0400, "Harry.Krause"
wrote:

...of the right-wing scum here, we returned safely after a nice, if
chilly day, out on the Bay.

We made our trip to Crisfield in a leisurely 2.5 hours, went ashore for
a while and poked around, and then did a little fishing around Tangier
Island. Tied up at a crab pier and went ashore for lunch. Lots of crab
shacks still around, but they weren't too active today. Something I
didn't know: the graves of Tangier Islanders are above ground, just like
in New Orleans, and for the same reason: high water table. And the main
mode of "motorized" transportation on the island is old golf cards.

We caught a few stripers without trying very hard, and a handful of
bottom fish. Drift fishing and casting to structure. At least we didn't
have to troll for them.

Gosh, with all the comments about this particular post, I just had to find and
read it Harry.

What a trip! From Deale to Tangier is almost 100 miles. And wow, five hours to
get to and from, time for a walk around town and a lunch, and you even did some
striper and other bottom fishing, just drifting and casting to structure.

What a day!

Harry, which of the right-wingers here expressed the worst wishes for this
eventful 'day' trip? Shame on them.

Now me? I'd be wondering how the hell you did all that!!!!!
--
John H