JAXAshby

Default A couple of newbie questions

hey, squathead, what part of English don't you understand?

the statement *clearly* says "climbing the bow wave" is of no consequence at or
near hull speed.

even with 7 years, and counting, of high school, yo-yo, you should have caught
that. Now, put the comic away and get back to study hall.

From: "Mark Browne"
Date: 1/21/2004 1:18 AM Eastern Standard Time

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
So, you don't know what it means either?

it has no meaning in this context, though some semblence of meaning comes

about
at higher orders of magnitude of hull speeds, say at 10,000x to 100,000x,

or
1,000,000x hull speed.

snip

There it is ... Jax in full flower; a thing of beauty, really. I had to read
this passage several times to appreciate the awesome power of a full-on Jax
statement. This may go down as one of the best to date. I am truly surprised
that nobody else picked up on this.

I am used to seeing nominal hull speeds of perhaps seven or ten knots. For
some ships, maybe 30 knots.

In JaxWorld, the designs (and discussions related to design) includes speeds
of ten thousand to a million times "nominal" hull speed.
Truth be told, I have *never* before contemplated what happens at "higher
orders of magnitude of hull speeds!"

Tell me Jax, when you are working with designs like this, what do you budget
for propulsive power? Are there any special problems you encounter making
the New York to London run in under a second? Does the sonic boom present
any special design problems?
Do you have any problem with the sea boiling away under your keel? For that
matter, what material do you build your hulls out of?

Considering that at a speed of 7 million knots, you may have some, um,
special problems picking up radio waves, do you practice dead reckoning as
you travel?

Jax, I am *so* glad you're back.

Mark Browne
P.S. Decisions, decisions? Do you dig a deeper hole or admit you were
spouting off by typing without thinking?