I have a couple of glass boats, a Poly Capella , a Poly Sealution from
WS. The Sealution and Capella sport a sea kayak association sticker
given to me by John Ramwell in 1998 That yellow sticker is still on
there except by the scrapes that took sticker and some plastic. I have
Junior Forest Wardens stickers on the bow of all my boats ( Advertising
a youth group I am involved with. )They are there years now. I have 2
Polanski rec boats that nothing sticks to but I am not going to waste
time onthem because they are just not worth the work. Stickers did peal
off hem because water migrated behing the stickers on the pebbles
surgace and washed out the glue.
I have a couple of KNL Stickers that still have not found a home. I
will slap them on the Capella and see how they do. ( KNL is Kayak
Newfoundland and Labrador; our club. )
The messy old glue may in deed be the answer as long as it does not
react adversly with the sticker or the boats plastic.
Anyway , good luck.: )