David Kemper

"Kim" wrote in message
I've got a Prijon touring kayak made of HTP; all surfaces have some kind
of grainy texture and the BCU sticker tends to come off after a while.

(Certain NG trolls will now probably comment 'BCU stickers that don't
stick, typical ...').

resists temptation

I think it may be 'the boat's fault' for once but it really isn't great
because of lockkeepers and environment agency boat checking for these
things a lot.

Really? I've never had mine checked by anyone. ( when I had one, I don't
have one now.)

Short of duct taping on a laminated thingy, is there any simple way of
prepping / keying the boat surface that has done the trick for others?

Pop rivets.

David Kemper
not a fan of sticky bits