Dan

Default Merc Power Stering

I have twin 2000 Mercury 250 EFI's on a 28' Baja cc. Mechanically they run
excellent. My problem is in the steering. I have to turn the steering wheel
almost 2 complete revolutions before I get a response out of them. By the
time it begins to turn it's too much and I have to compensate for the
over-turn. At high speeds this is very dangerous as you can imagine. Does
anyone have any suggestion on what to look for. I thought there might be air
in the lines or a leak. The last time out when I took the drain plug off
some white fluid came out. Not a lot, but enough for concern
Thanks in advance for any help.
Dan
Stuart, FL