Dave Baker

On 14 May 2005 19:27:15 -0700, "Pascal" wrote:

If the Map276C could not have AIS as you said, so I will sell it and
buy another thing.

Note that I don't work from Garmin! :-)

I alredy have a old laptop and many chart ploter
programs and many charts, and maybe I must change my position about the
use of a PC in my boat.

Sounds like you have plenty of reason to use one, so with the addition of a
US$200 NASA or US$600 SR162 receiver you could have yourself a decent AIS
display.

Or wait a few months longer & AIS Class B transceivers will be out, and you
can display other boat positions on your PC while transmitting your own
position at the same time.

Dave

The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
All replies to the group please.