Pascal

Realy very haevy trafic, here it is many times small than this. I think
this will be a big problem for AIS in the future anyway.

But, reading the NASA AIS radar user manual, I found that it has
several options to setup the equipment in addition to the range
settings.

AIS radar operation has several limitation like:

a) It can track up to 24 ships. If there is more, it displays only the
24 more proximity
b) Plots only the 16 last track points of each ship

NASA AIS radar can be customized by the user which can set the update
rate to 8, 15, 30 or 60 sec.

I believe that this limitations and controls can tune the operation in
regard to speed/power of the processor.

What do you think about? Maybe Garmin can include this setings in the
GpsMap276C AIS function. As you can see, I am crazy to use the AIS in
my boat, and I would acept any restrictions wich could be need to get
it on my Gpsmap276C.

Best Regards

Pascal