Pascal

JK escreveu:
Jeff wrote:
The vast majority of small craft do not carry radar, but do have

vhf
and gps; so I can see that the addition of a cheap AIS receiver

would
complement the system very well.

Shipplotter works very well.
www.shipplotter.com

I agree with you 100%. After reading the several information about AIS,
including the already available hardware (cheap AIS receivers) and
softwares (including several very cheap and/or free) I am thinking that
the recently introduced DSC function of the newest Garmin marine gps
models like the Map276C/Map3006/Map3010 will be or are already totally
obsoleted, because AIS is and will be the standard, as it is many more
times usefull. I hope Garmin wakeup fast to change that obsolete DSC
function in a more advanced and usefull AIS function, in these gps
models.