Larry W4CSC

"Jim Donohue" wrote in
news:9yzee.10844$fI.8130@fed1read05:

It is a piece of cake for 2 meter amateur. I suspect that I could
coach a 10 year old in to passing the test in 3 or 4 hours. Adults
should take half that long.

I used to teach ham radio classes, here in SC. My record is a 7-year-old
Novice who failed his first code test, not because he couldn't copy 5wpm,
but because he ran out of paper during the test because his letters were
too large!...(c; He got his General Class when he was 9, breezing through
the 13 wpm code test, his Advanced at 10 (which cost me a $20 bet) and his
Extra Class at 12, winning the $20 bet because he had his Extra Class
before he became a teenager.

He's an electrical engineer, now. I helped ruin his whole life....(c;

Damned smartassed kids....Best $40 I ever lost.