Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
"Del Cecchi" wrote:

Well Bruce, did you ever drive faster than 55 between 1980 and a few years
ago? :-) Anyway, I was just summarizing options. So where does one buy
those business radios, and what does the license cost?

del

Nope, I live far out in the alaskan bush, and I don't drive on Federal
Roads. There aren't any around here, In fact, the nearest road, that
connects to anywhere, is 350 miles north.

Any Radio Shop in the phonebook can sell you the radios, and they also
can help you with the licensing paperwork. The license is a bit over
$100US as I recall, but that is good for 5 or 10 years.

I still do FCC License Consulting, but I am not cheap. ( $160US/hr )
Mostly Marine Coast Stations and Specialty Exemption Requests, and I
still have a bunch of good contacts in Gettysburg, PA. Just finished
a bunch of RadioLocation Experimental STA's for some small protable
Radar Speed Sensers last month. They are used in RollerCoaster
Testing all around the US, and exceed Part 15 Power Levels, hence
the requirement for the STA's, (Special Temperary Authority) untill
Licensing can figure out what FCC Form the Permenant Station License
needs to be applied for, on, and exactly what Service they are going to
License these devices under. Navigating the FCC Licensing Forms
is a major pain in the ass, but if you know exactly what "Buzz Words",
to stick in which boxes, you can usually get an application "Granted"
first time thru. If not, you lose your Application Fee, and have to
start over. That is what makes Licensing Consulting, such a profitable
sideline.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @