Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote:

Since Ch 06 is a safety channel, you generally get chased off pretty
quickly if engaging in idle chitchat. We used to use Ch 6 while traveling
in a group and one of our group is retired CG.

The problem with Marine Channel 06, is that it is a "Ship to Ship Only"
Channel and the USCG Coast stations don't monitor it like they do
Marine Ch. 16 and Marine Ch 22A, so really no one is "Official"
is monitoring Ch. 06 anymore since the FCC closed all the Fixed Base
Monitoring Stations that had VHf Capability in the Field Offices.
the USCG keeps Ch. 16 cleaned up and the Big boys keep Ch. 13 fairly
clean, but Ch. 06 is kindof like "NoMans Land" these days.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @