DSK

Default A couple of newbie questions

JAXAshby wrote:

I said it before, and I'll say it again for you dougies, the sine function
quoted in the "theory" of hull speed does not EXPLODE at zero. In fact, it
does virtually nothing at all at hull speed, and even if true (which it isn't)
at 2x hull speed is just accounts for a 40% increase in hp required, while drag
accounts for an 800% increase in hp required.

I am sorry, dougies, if this confuses you so.

It doesn't confuse me at all. But it's not as funny as I'd hoped.

Tell me, does this "sine function" quoted in the "theory" of hull speed have
anything to do with the concept that the hull makes waves and the "sine function"
also has something to do with waves?

As for the asymptote, the usually quoted hull speed is in fact an asymptote of the
combined resistance graphed against speed of a given hull. It has a lot more to do
with the "theory" of hull speed than any sine function.

But you don't want facts, do you Jax? They seem to make you uncomfortable.

DSK