engsol

On Sat, 07 May 2005 01:31:40 +0100, Dan Mills wrote:

William G. Andersen wrote:

Just curious...what's the purpose of a marine radar detector?

It tells you when to fire up the ECM suite!

;-)

Actually I have wondered about the viability of an 'available light' radar
set... It would use the transmitters on other vessels and some **serious**
correlation DSP to produce a plot without needing to transmit as long as
someone was radiating in the general area.

Regards, Dan.

Dan,
I did a study for a light aircraft collision advoidance device.
It worked on transponder pulses. If your craft's speed and heading are
known, the math to resolve the "taget"'s bearing, range, speed and heading
isn't that difficult, otherwise it *is* pretty difficult.
Norm B