Dennis Pogson

Jsp wrote:
Doug Dotson wrote:
Check out www.keyspan.com

"Jsp" wrote in message

Leanne wrote:

What you need is called a serial to USB adapter or converter.

That's exactly what I need. It never even occured to me that a thing
like this exists.
I saw one on the site mentioned above that provides one RS232 serial
interface. So I presume this also makes the OS and the chartplotting
program "think" the computer now has a COM-port, which is needed for
the setup of the connection with the GPS?

Thanks again.
Jsp

They come with driver software and have to be installed, only takes a few
minutes. Make sure the one you buy is compatible with your operating system
(WinXP, ME, 98 etc.) Ebay usually has loads of them. The converter is USB to
serial, NOT serial to USB as mentioned above!

--
Digital Photo-charts fo all UK areas.
Remove 'nospam' to reply.