Doug Dotson

Not likely, USB and RS232 serial are very different animals. One can
however buy a device that provides serial ports and does plug into USB.
I have one that has 4 serial ports and interfaces to a USB port.

Doug

"William G. Andersen" wrote in message
I think computer stores sell cables that will have USB at your PC end and
serial connector at the other so you can use it as is or as a changeover
from serial to USB.

"Jsp" wrote in message
My Furuno GPS can be connected to a PC by a serial cable. The wiring
diagram can be viewed on the GPS itself. But: my laptop doesn't have a
serial port. Is there a way to make a USB-cable instead? (And to have
some chartplotting program recognize this)?

Jsp