Del Cecchi

"Bruce in Alaska" wrote in message
In article ,
"Del Cecchi" wrote:

So to summarize, with the possible exception of CB there is no legal way
for
me to keep in contact while out fishing that is affordable and likely to
work. However, since I am pretty well off in the boonies with no Coast
Guard and few federal officials I could likely get away with VHF, since
it
would really be difficult to distinguish my "base station" from another
boat, and boat to boat communication is perfectly all right. Besides by
the time they tracked me down summer would be over.
:-)

del

Well Yes, all that you state is true, but a Person with an Ounce of
PERSONAL INTEGRITY, wouldn't violate the Law just for convience.
Actually you could very easily just get yourself a Business Radio
Service License, and use Land Mobile VHF Radios and be perfectly
LEGAL, in all respects. I am suprised no one else came up with that
option. It is what Business Radio Service is all about. You will not
get your own Private Frequency, but a shared frequency with PL would do
you just spiffy.....

Bruce in alaska once an FCC Field Agent.........
--
add a 2 before @

Well Bruce, did you ever drive faster than 55 between 1980 and a few years
ago? :-) Anyway, I was just summarizing options. So where does one buy
those business radios, and what does the license cost?

del