Dennis Pogson

William G. Andersen wrote:
Just curious...what's the purpose of a marine radar detector?

"FMCCARTY" wrote in message
Anyone know anything about marine radar detectors? Brands ? models?
Websites? I'm just doing some reserch for a friend.
Icky

These devices were popular in the 70's when small boat radar was very
expensive. They told you that a radar was operating within a given range,
and had a bearing compass to enable you to "detect" the approx. bearing of
the vessel.

As the poster says, they didn't tell you that you were about to be run down
by a 300,00-ton tanker with his radar switched off.

I don't think they will ever come back and replace AIS!

--
Digital Photo-charts fo all UK areas.
Remove 'nospam' to reply.