DSK

Default A couple of newbie questions

JAXAshby wrote:

try Dave Gerr, for power required. He makes some dumb comments regarding theory
but his formulae are "close enough" to be more than useful for specific power

In other words, JAX has no clue how to figure out power/disp/speed demand curves,
but has looked at the pictures in Dave Gerr's book.

btw, Bob Perry publicalycalled me "an asshole" (his words, several times)

Let me congratulate him on his perspicacity.

for
pointing out that a sine function does not EXPLODE at zero degrees (in fact it
does nothing at all at zero degrees), which of course means that tens of
millions of people across the country are -- by Bob's definition -- "assholes"
for knowing from sine functions.

Well, since you don't know a sine function from an asymptote (BTW are you sure Bob
Perry didn't call you an "asymptote'?), you are on pretty safe grounds there. But
what does all this gibberish have to do with hull speed?

DSK