Roger Long

Why does your boat have 10 gauge wire for 110v. circuits supplying
max. 15
amp. loads?

Good question. There are a lot of things on this old boat I don't
understand. I think they just used the same wire for everything when
she was built. With a south Florida work crew smoking ganga
non-stop, as they did in those days, you had to keep things simple.

--

Roger Long

I'm sure your GFI is only rated for 15 amps. (or perhaps 20).
Shouldn't it be 12 gauge at the most coming from a 15 or 20 amp.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada