Ken Heaton

Question below:
"Roger Long" wrote in message
The screws with
the buggered-up threads WILL unscrew out so you can get the ring
terminals
on if you force 'em.

No they won't. I learned the hard way with a previous GFI. The screw
goes into a loose square nut plate inside to clamp the wire. If you
turn it out, thinking you can force it back in as you suggest, the nut
plate falls loose inside. I tried wiggling to get gravity the get the
nut plate back in position so I could push something in the terminal
holes and get the screw back in. There are still pieces of GFI in odd
corners of my shop after I tried the next alternative of smashing the
bloody thing with a hammer.

--

Roger Long

Why does your boat have 10 gauge wire for 110v. circuits supplying max. 15
amp. loads? I'm sure your GFI is only rated for 15 amps. (or perhaps 20).
Shouldn't it be 12 gauge at the most coming from a 15 or 20 amp.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada