jps

In article , says...

"jps" wrote in message

Like Vietnam, we're bogged down in a war without reason.

We are in a war for the survival of the western culture. If you can't see
that then you are part of the problem. Islam is like communisim in its goal
which is that utopia will only be available when the whole world is Islamic
or communist.

We did not actively try to destroy communism through wars of aggression.
We matched resource for resource and they spent themselves into
bankruptcy, just as we're doing now.

This is a war of oil. Kissinger pointed out in the 1970s that, given
the waning power of the Soviets, a lack of our presence in the mid east
would leave that big pool of oil to be controlled by China or India. The
Neocons have kept that in mind for the past several decades and couldn't
wait to push King George into taking over.a

Unfortunately, the present administration doesn't share Nixon's resolve
to properly protect our troops. Inferior vests, unarmored humvees and a
calloused approach has cost many of our citizens their lives or their
sound bodies. It's an u necessary risk that could have been solved with
a bit more money. Our men and women are again cannon fodder.

Congress, the House and the Senate, are the ones that control how much money
is appropriated. And, Bush hasn't vetoed a single spending bill. Call your
Representative or Senator and complain to them.

Ever hear of a little place called the Pentagon? They and Don Rumsfeld
determine the resources necessary for managing and maintaining our
fighting forces. The real military minds thought we underestimated our
needs but Rumsfeld things we can get by with a smaller fighting force
and fewer resources.

They make recommendations to congress, not the other way around.

jps