Larry W4CSC

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

Do you pump or strip out your bilge by any other method?

I guess the answer would be "sometimes". Amel installed a big hand pump
under the main hatch steps with a hole in them so you can fill the pump
with dirt every time someone climbs down into the boat with dirty shoes.
This big diaphram pump has a "shoe" that really sucks from the bottom of
the bilge sort of like a vacuum cleaner attachment for bare floors and does
a very nice job scavenging anything the electric pump misses. So, when we
clean the bilges..not as often as we should...I always pump out the bilge
for a while with this nice pump, cleaning the inside of it and its hoses
with the commercial bilge cleaner soap, too. As it sucks from a little
different place than the electric, from much lower down where you can't
even see, it gets a lot of the solids from the very bottom.

Geez, don't pump that handle in front of some greenies on the dock...(c;
Late at night when they're all drunk is the best time....